Friday, January 10, 2014

Allison + Chase

Today's the day, people. It's the first love story, and there's no other couple I would have be the opening story than Allison and Chase. I've had the pleasure and good fortune to become close friends with Allison and Chase. Allison and I grew up in the same town, went to the same high school, but our friendship came to be through our love of live music. Then I met Chase, and I instantly saw the connection between them. I admire these two and the relationship they have created. On August 17th, 2013, they were married at Woodmont Church. I am proud to say I started a dance circle at their reception.

I am so lucky to know this couple and to be able to call them friends. Instead of getting Allison's version, I asked Chase. I love hearing the male version, and hopefully this is a surprise for Allison! Enjoy!


(The night they got engaged!) 

From Chase: I actually met Allie, randomly enough, six years ago at a party we were having at my apartment in college.  Her old boyfriend and my best friend worked together for the football team at MTSU, and he brought her to the party. I remember we were sitting there playing video games and screaming at the television (seriously, I am the coolest), and I kept sneaking peeks at her out of the corner of my eye. When the night was over and everyone left, I told my friend Jeremy that I was going to marry her. Definitely an alcohol-induced declaration, but I meant it and I'm glad I said it.

She went off to college at Memphis, so for the next 5 years or so we just kept in touch via Twitter and Facebook. We mostly just talked about music and stuff. I'm glad it progressed the way it did, because by the time we started dating we had already become incredibly close friends. With my 3 months of vast marriage expertise, I really do think that the friendship aspect is one of the most important things you can have. 

When she moved back to Nashville and started working at a company that was literally a quarter mile from my office I think that was when the switch flipped for me and I decided that I was going to go for it. We randomly met back up at a Matt Nathanson concert at the Cannery on November 5th, 2011. I tried to play it cool. She tried to introduce me to her friend. I wasn't having any of that :) She did had a boyfriend (one that I REALLY didn't care for) at the time, so I had to be cool about that. But I decided to amp up the flirting aspect anyways. Whatever. I'm not a bad person haha. Anyhoo, everything worked out anyways because they eventually broke up. My big break!! :)

We went on our first date on January 21st, 2012. Preds game. After we left dinner before the game, I was just too nervous so I decided to get the first kiss out of the way. Leaned in and BOOM! missed her lips. Kissed her on the nose. Reeeeeaaaalllll smooth, Chase. It was a great date, and every one since then has been too. 

I knew I wanted to marry her. She was exactly what I had prayed for every single night for as long as I can remember. It's crazy how, just as you're about ready to give up on love because every single freaking experience you've had with it had ended in shit, the love of your life comes in and it's the EASIEST FREAKING THING IN THE WORLD. 

I proposed on November 5th, 2012 at the Cannery. I always like to tell people about right before the proposal because it was the neatest. The few minutes before I proposed when we were just walking around were the coolest moments of my entire life. It's difficult to describe the feeling of having a secret that, at the time, not a single other person on the face of the earth knows exactly what is about to happen at this certain exact moment. Just a really empowering feeling. It's really the closest I can imagine to holding the entire world in the palm of your hand.

So anyways, that's our story. Writing it, I still can't believe something like this happened to me. Every time I re-tell it, I am just overwhelmed with gratitude that she is here and we are a thing and I am this lucky of a human. It's incredible.

(Once Like A Spark) 

Their story had such an impact on me during a time filled with doubt. I consider myself lucky to know a couple like Allison and Chase. He was actually the first person I asked to share for Love Struck. Thank you both for being great friends and allowing me to share your love story. I'm looking forward to seeing how your love story continues! 


4 comments:

  1. How. stinking. cute. I love that you asked him instead of her. I think most love stories are told by women ( obvs ), but it's really cool to hear the guys' side of it! Perfect first story, Ash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, this is the only story from the male's perspective! Thank you for the support! :)

      Delete
  2. Great first love struck story!!!!!

    ReplyDelete