Monday, September 29, 2014

Trust The Timing Of Your Life.

I can't remember the last time I blogged, but I'm back with an exciting, yet bittersweet, announcement! I am leaving the wedding world and Wedding 101 Nashville. Will this make it hard for me to collect love stories? Well, kinda. But, this is just another challenge and motivator for me to get out there and talk to people. Not just talk, but engage with them in a real, meaningful conversation.

Why am I leaving the wedding industry...after working for free for one year, after giving up all free time and weekends to work weddings (while in college), after finally landing an awesome position in the wedding world where I didn't have to work weekends? 

The answer is messy, but it's spilt milk that's already spoiled. So instead of explaining, I'm moving on. The one majorly critical reason for my decision was that there was no room for me to grow professionally or personally unless I wanted to open my own company. Which, I certainly do not. I learned so much, helped amazing couples, and made so many dear friends during my time in the wedding industry. I will carry all of those lessons with me into my new adventure.  

I am moving into the optical world, my glasses wearing friends. I was offered a position on the founding team of Warby Parker's corporate Nashville office. I will be working alongside 14 other awesome people to launch the customer experience branch! I'm so excited to start this new journey with such an amazing company. I am very blessed and thankful for the opportunity, and I can't wait for the new people, lessons, and experiences ahead! 



(Blurry to Clear)


No comments:

Post a Comment